In this new Era, you have more options to share your opinions or expanding your business through the worldwide network in blogging. You can use Google’s Blogger, WordPress.com or WordPress.org (for self-hosted sites), Wix or Joomla; these all are CMS (Content management system) you can use for your blogging.
Right now most popular are Google’s Blogger and WordPress.
There are tons of CMSs out there which can help you to create your own blog for free.
In this article, I’m going to use Google’s Blogger. It is very easy to use and there are plenty of benefits to using Google’s blogger as a CMS.
Steps to Create a Website/Blog:
- you must have a Google account to create a blog on Blogger (if you haven’t, create one then, it’s very simple)
- Log in to your Google account.
- Now you have to go to the Blogger site. There are two ways to access the Blogger site:
- After Logging in, type blogger.com in the URL section or Google section.
- After logging in, click on the grid icon, from the menu, select Blogger.
- In the blogger site, sign in the blogger using your existing Google account.
- After sign in, on the left side under blogger icon, click on Create Blog.
- Now choose a title which will suit the niche of your interest and the blog address also(while choosing the blog address the blogger, the blogger us a free to use so therefore while choosing a blog address, whatever you choose it will add the .blogspot.in or .com extension to it. If you don’t want it, you can buy a domain from any domain service provider)
- Now you have to choose any theme which will be suitable for your blog (You can download & upload any external theme into the blog later also)
- Click on Create button.
- That’s the mail procedure to create a blog or Website.
You can view your blog/website by clicking the button on sidebar named “View Site.”
There are plenty of options to modify your site.
Menus are the most important part of the site, the simple navigation menu is, it will be easy to navigate the site for visitors.
To create a menu or edit the format of your site, you can go to the layout option and create or edit the menu layout there.
Now to create a post, click on the button name ‘Posts’ on the sidebar, click on New Post to create.
There are more options to modify your site like themes, Posts, Comments, Pages (To create/modify pages of the site) etc.
That’s it, folks. I hope this article helps you to create your site on Google’s Blogger. If you need any help, please let me know in the comments section below.