As you have your own website with a custom domain name and want to have an email address that ends with your website name. For example, if your website name is abc.com, then you can create an email address with @abc.com, like email@example.com OR firstname.lastname@example.org, something like that.
So how to create one for your own website.
First, let me clear that you must have a custom domain or a domain that you have purchased and used on the self-hosted website. If you have a blog or a website on WordPress.com or Google Blogger with an extension of “.blogspot.com” and “.wordpress.com”, it is not possible to create an email address with these extensions.
Steps to create an Email Address
- Go to your Control Panel (Cpanel).
- To access Cpanel, use your website’s URL/cpanel, Example: “abc.com/cpanel”
- (You must have received Cpanel login credentials and also have had installed WordPress software for your website. There you will find the Email options)
- Find Option Email Accounts and click on it.
- Then click on Create button to create an Email address
- Select Domain name, the username will be the name you want before your domain names like Admin or Support.
- Setup the password.
- In additional settings, you can set the storage as you like.
- After creating the email, you will receive a welcome email with all the Email setup details.
- Now how to set up this newly created email, it’s very easy.
- You can set up the email as IMAP or POP3, with the details of the port for incoming and outgoing servers provided in the welcome email.
Also read: How to Install Plugins in WordPress
- You can set up this email in Google’s Gmail app as well as the Outlook app.
That’s it. If you have questions, let me in the comment section below. Thank you.