We are all very excited about the WWDC keynote 2020 which was happened on 23 June. Apple announced updates on iOS, TV OS and Mac OS which will be coming this fall — around September month to all Apple devices.
So what’s new in iOS 14 which makes it very special compared to previous updates.
This iOS 14 brings a totally new fresh look to your iPhone.
iOS 14 brings a fresh look to the things you do most often, making them easier than ever. New features help you get what you need in the moment. And the apps you use all the time become even more intelligent, more personal, and more private.
What Features iOS 14 is offering:
- Widgets on Homescreen which is happening for the first time.
- A new App library, similar to Android’s App Drawer, just with auto organised into folders.
- A new Compact Calls notification action bar to receive and reject the calls.
- Long-awaited PiP mode (Picture in Picture) to Youtube & Facetime Calls.
- Some important updates to iMessage app like Pinned conversations and new animated group photos which aligned by prioritising method, New Emoji styles and stickers.
- New Maps updates.
- Translation app update with conversation mode.
- New Siri (not full-screen mode) Compact mode update.
- Home App updates with Home Status shown on top of the app.
- Apple’s Safari Browser update with translate webpages to 7 different languages and is the World’s fastest mobile browser – as per Apple.
- Car Keys and Car Plays – a new feature where you can unlock the door and start your car using an iPhone. Headphones accommodation in iOS 14 which analyses user’s hearing differences and adjust the sound to hear more clear and crisp. Audio Sharing for Apple TV.
- New App Clips is a feature you are already familiar with Android. It is a “Try App” in Android which lets you use an application without installing it in your device. App Clips is the same where you can use some of the apps for quick actions like buying a coffee or Tea in a near restaurant or renting a cycle nearby store, you just need to tab the device and iPhone will suggest you the App clip for the store (if it has an app in apple’s app store)
You can find App Clips from places in the real world through NFC tags and QR codes, and you can also launch them from Safari, Maps, and Messages. The places where you can launch App Clips are immediately recognizable thanks to Apple‑designed App Clip codes. App Clip codes are uniquely paired to an App Clip. You can scan them with your camera or tap one using NFC. – Apple
- More Privacy information updates in iOS 14: This new privacy information update is really good, it shows a small recording indicator with a different colour if any app is using microphone or camera in the background. Also, you can find all Privacy information of an app before downloading it like what aspects of data the app is going to use.
- New camera update which lets you click photos even faster and also, you can lock the exposure value and camera focus on a different spot. It uses the new exposure compensation control.
- The Upcoming update which is really handy for new iOS users who came from Android devices, Now you can set a third party Browser & Email app as a default in iOS.
These are the new iOS 14 updates coming to your iPhone this fall.
What devices are compatible with iOS 14:
- iPhone 11
- iPhone 11 Pro
- iPhone 11 Pro Max
- iPhone XS
- iPhone XS Max
- iPhone XR
- iPhone X
- iPhone 8
- iPhone 8 Plus
- iPhone 7
- iPhone 7 Plus
- iPhone 6s
- iPhone 6s Plus
- iPhone SE (1st generation)
- iPhone SE (2nd generation)
For iPads, iPad OS is also having some of the above updates included and some other updates also.
iOS 14 Beta SDK code is available to download for developers to create or modify their apps as per the new updates. Click here to learn more.